There are thousands of online casino sites across the Internet, all claiming to be the best of the best, with the largest new player welcome bonuses, the highest quality games and the most valuable promotions and bonuses. We narrow down the best sites for Australian players to choose from.
Top-rated online casino sites for Australians
How to find the best and safest online casino sites
It can be overwhelming trying to narrow down the bevy of choices available at your disposal to a handful of sites which genuinely offers top quality and safe gaming.
So what is an online casino? Also known as an Internet casino or an interactive casino, an online casino is a website which offers real money casino games registered members can play across any compatible device, including desktops, laptops, mobile phones, tablets and even Smart TVs.
But not all online casinos are safe.
Many gaming sites exist are known to offer unfair games and steal players’ money – fraudulent companies operating under the guise of a ‘secure online casino’. And so when you are searching for a reputable interactive gambling site to enjoy fair games with, it is critical to ensure the gaming operator meets all of the standard online gambling industry rules. This has become even more important following the September 2017 introduction of the Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill, which resulted in some of the leading online casino brands dropping out of the Australian market. With the choices for Australian players becoming smaller, it is vital players stick with only secure, reputable casino sites.
Best online casino sites for Australian gamblers
Below are the top-rated, regulated, licensed and reputable online casino sites that Australians can still access and gamble at, secure with the knowledge all gaming software has been tested and approved for fair gameplay, that their personal and financial information is protected, and the operators behave in a responsible and ethical manner.
- House of Jack – House of Jack is powered by multiple software providers and boasts more than 500 casino titles. Be sure to check out their kick-ass bonus offers, too.
- Casino-Mate – Previously powered exclusively by Microgaming, Casino-Mate now offers games from multiple software providers, catering warmly to Australians and plays host to more than 650 games, including (but not limited to) pokies, video poker, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, craps and sic bo.
- Emu Casino – Best known for its diverse collection of casino games and assortment of mobile casino titles, Emu Casino offers more than 500 titles with a neat interface and fun design.
- Mucho Vegas – Powered by a collection of diverse gaming software developers and boasting a collection of hundreds of online pokies and other table games, Mucho Vegas is a great place to find all the hottest online games under the one virtual roof.
- Mongoose Casino – Offers hundreds of pokies, table games, keno games and scratch cards from a selection of software providers, with a loyalty reward program that lets you play to exchange points for cash and prizes.
All of the above interactive casinos are licensed, registered and regulated by the appropriate gambling governing organisations, such as the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, and game testing and payout validation agencies such as the eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation Assurance (eCOGRA) body, iTechLabs and BMMTestLabs.
Internet banking methods for gambling sites
All of our endorsed casino sites deal with the Australian dollar (AUD) and offer globally trusted online banking methods for deposits and withdrawals. Financial transactions are protected with the latest secure socket layer (SSL) digital encryption technology. Popular banking methods include:
- Credit and debit cards, like MasterCard and Visa
- E-wallets such as Neteller and Skrill
- Pre-paid options such as the interactive PaySafeCard and Entropay’s virtual prepaid credit cards
- Direct wire transfers via Internet banking systems like Citadel Direct
As a new real money player, you will be required to verify your identification in order to complete a first withdrawal, with a copy of an ID document such as your driver’s licence or a utility bill showing your name and address. Once approved, you will no longer need to have your identity checked. This is for additional safety measures.
Aside from direct wire transfers, all other deposit methods will process your requests instantly, while withdrawals can take up to 48 working hours to be processed. However, many of the casino sites now offer same-day processing times for withdrawal requests.
Types of real money games
Internet casino websites offer hundreds upon hundreds of real cash games, and many more variations of our the popular titles than their land based casino counterparts. With limited to no overheads to worry about, online casino operators happily provide their members with games with lower house edges (better odds for the player) and greater variety and interactivity.
Categories of games include:
- Themed pokies (also known as slots) – traditional three reel, graphically advanced five reel video, progressive jackpot, three dimensional, multiplayer, mega-spin and more, all with bonus rounds and free spins
- Blackjack games
- Roulette titles
- Baccarat variants
- Poker card games
- Sic bo
- Lottery and chance favourites such as keno, bingo and instant win scratch cards
- Virtual sports and racing games
- Live dealer casino games include blackjack, roulette, baccarat, poker, keno, lotto draw and other titles run by professionally trained and employed croupiers
- Other smaller games like Casino War (also known as Top Card Trumps), Crown and Anchor, Red Dog, Spingo, Ace and Triple Wins
All games are powered by approved random number generator (RNG) software unless they are specified live dealer games which are run by actual dealers, with live videos of the action streamed directly to your computer, mobile, tablet and Smart TV screens.
All titles are also available to play for real money and play money (practice mode). Practice mode allows the players to get familiar with the gaming software and how the game operates. There is no limit to how long you can play the marketed games for with play cash.
Note: live dealer casino titles only deal with real money bets. You can enter the live gaming arena and watch without placing any wagers, however you can only do so for a certain amount of time before returning to the lobby.
Casino promotions and bonuses, competitions and tournaments
All of the listed casino sites offer exclusive promos and bonuses to registered players, including a tailored new player welcome bonus. Welcome bonus offers typically include free pokies spins and a bonus cash amount matched by the player’s initial deposits.
Ensure you check the sign up bonus of each listed gambling website to make the most of the bonuses that best suit your gameplay. We recommend signing up with at least a couple of different gaming platforms so you can grab a couple of different bonuses.
On top of welcome promotions, the gambling websites also offer a hoard of constantly updated promotions such as cash back, more matched deposit cash injections, free spins, loyalty reward points (which can be exchanged for cash) and more.
There are also a heap of competitions and tournaments players can enter simply by playing games – comps and tourneys offering great prizes such as cash, electronics like iPhones and iPads, packaged holiday trips, cruises, cars and more.
Be sure, when you sign up with any of the recommended sites, to register a live email address you have access to, to keep up to date with new and exciting promos, tournaments, competitions and bonuses.
In today’s digital age, it would be a critical mistake for the online gambling industry not to offer their products via mobile and tablet platforms. All casino sites we endorse here at AustralianCasinoSite.com, their games, banking methods and entire gaming interfaces have been optimised for the mobile and tab platforms, and even the Smart TV platform, so you can access your gaming account from any device at any time. Popular compatible devices to enjoy the AUD real money casino titles include:
- Apple products such as the iPhone, iPad and Mac
- Devices using the Android operating system, like Google, Samsung, Acer, LG phones and tablets
- Microsoft Windows and BlackBerry devices
- Other data-enabled devices which use older operating systems such as the Symbian OS
If you have any gaming related queries, you can contact the customer support team at the respective online casino, via any of the several help lines, and a representative will be happy to answer your questions. Main methods to contact the support team include via live chat, phone and email.